Anna uses her gift of facilitation to save the local animal shelter
When the children return from summer vacation and turn in their Assignments, the one that Mr. Henderson gave them to do over the summer vacation, he chose Anna’s project to enlist the other students by using their gifts to save the animals at the Praston Animal Shelter.
Anna learns about the plight of the local shelter and that it may have to close down for lack of funds. She uses her creativity to plan a beauty contest for animals to raise money to save Miss Stella’s shelter and, more importantly, find homes for the dogs.
Since this is Anna’s gift we will discover how a child with the gift of facilitation works.
Here is the table of contents:
1 Finally Third Grade
2 Anna Misses the Ice-Breaker
3 Mr. H. Chooses Anna’s Project
4 Conflict at Home
5 Being a Leader is Hard
6 Dissension in Drama Class
7 A Visit to the Animal Shelter
8 The Missing Piece
9 The Big Day
How this book helps children discover their gift of facilitation
Children love Anna’s Friends Save the Animal Shelter, even if they don’t have Anna’s gift. This wonderfully crafted story shows children Anna’s strong willed personality and how she interacts with her friends as she is planning the animal beauty contest. It also shows children how the other friends use their gifts to help Anna. Children with the gift of facilitation identify with and gravitate to Anna.
Are you one of Anna’s facilitator/leader friends?
Anna exhibits many of the qualities that someone with the gift to lead would have. You might have them too. Here’s how you can tell. Read this list and see how many of these things you do:
• Why do something when you can get someone else to do it? You have better things to do, like sleep or be lazy.
• You probably love a good detective story.
• Do you write a lot of stickie notes to yourself?
• I’ll bet you have a lot of friends and are a member of several groups at school or at church.
• Are you always thinking ahead?
• Do you like to get involved in things like collecting money and making plans for kids or with others before you tell them?
• Getting dirty is not a big deal to you. You simply take a bath and move on with life.
• Are you good in gym? Most leaders are and can be athletic.
• Do you like to get to know a lot of people on purpose?
• Teasing doesn’t really bother you. You are one tough cookie.
• You are interested in everything.
Some Parent's Reviews
Tammi: Kendyl’s teacher wants her class to read 30 minutes every night before bed. She wants to read Anna’s Friends. She really loves this series. I’ll let you know what she says about each book as she reads it. Do you go to churches and talk about this? (My answer, yes, I do! Just get a group together and I’ll come. Libraries are good too because they have meeting rooms.)
Click Here to see all Anna’s Friend’s Children’s Book Series Reviews
You can securely purchase your copy of Anna’s Friend’s Save the Animal Shelter in Anna’s Friend’s Marketplace: Click Here My store opens in a New Window so you won’t lose your place, okay? You’re welcome, Anna :-))